Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Starting my Ph.D.

Ok, I'm starting this posts as a way of keep a log of the thoughts and things that are already happening to me during my attempt to get a Ph.D. from the Uni of Sydney.
I already have my first two tasks:
  1. Use the copy machine to get 10 copies of a chapter about "How to write a decent thesis" and another 10 copies of a form called "What do you think your advisor is useful for"
  2. Build a prototype of a Text Mining Service to integrate with an LMS by July, so we can test it on the second semester and then try to convince some teachers to use it and get a whole bunch of data to work with.
To be honest, by the time I'm writing this, I already finished the first task. It wasn't so hard, but believe me, the copy machine can be sometimes a little more complicated than an Artificial Intelligence algorithm.

No comments: