Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Installing Sakai

Ok, the facts:

  1. Sakai is VERY HARD to install, too many versions, poor documentation, and nobody doing something to ease the process.
  2. Sakai has a lot of engineering time spent on its architecture so it has features and is able to scale like no other open source LMS.
  3. Apache's Lucene is a great solution for what i want to do, it parses documents and even create the TFIDF vectors, so i want it.
  4. We have to convince some teachers about letting us use the data from essays that their students has uploaded to the course site. So we need an LMS.
  5. Lucene is already integrated with Sakai, i.e. I have to use it....
I promise that if a have the time during my research to do something for all the people that has to live the nightmare of installing Sakai and making it work.... I'll do it.

1 comment:

Miro said...

yes, Installing Sakai is very difficult.

I'm confused what's the package I should download for trying Sakai.

e-Learning King